“For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.”

Friday, June 10, 2011

Dish Pan Mind

Swishing dishes through the warm bubbles allows... no, it actually promotes philosophical thinking.


I'm thinking of the incredible energy expended by the steady stream of hummingbirds at my kitchen window, just to sustain them for their next trip to the feeder. And, how like them we are in our daily rounds to earn our living.


I'm thinking of the round lumps of soft bread dough rising to their full potential on my stove. And, my sons and daughters being stretched in the process of rising to their fullest potential.


The roar of the little window air conditioner, straining to keep this trailer at a comfortable 83*, is no match for Ethan's "roaring" in his tall chair. He wants to talk. He will talk...someday.


These dishes represent good food eaten together. Not just full bellies, but full hearts, as we share the events of the day and things that matter most.


I had best return to those jars I left soaking and to my dish pan musings.

2 comments:

  1. How many things God has to tell us, but we just won't stop, be silent, and listen. I'm glad that you have this little interlude in your day, not just to wash dishes, but to wash your mind with God's Spirit, and to be renewed for use in His vineyard.

    God bless you for all you do, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! Dishes and laundry are such wonderful times for pondering, praying, reflecting.

    ReplyDelete